II. Description of Service
III. Requests for Products and Services
In the event you request information on a product, service or becoming a Memorial Provider, you agree that you will make all inquiries and requests in good faith and not based on speculation or fraud.
IV. Registration for Services
Certain features of our Services, such as access to the Platform and management of Provider Sites, may require you to register by providing your personal information, such as your name, e-mail address, and/or other information. You may also wish to register on our Services to receive one or more promotions or other information from us, our affiliates, or partners. You may start or stop your receipt of this information at any time via the links in every email.
V. Additional Policies and Agreements
We are not responsible for any aspect of these third-party service providers or websites, including any purchases made on those sites. Please review any terms and conditions that may apply if and when you visit areas operated by third parties.
VI. Modifications and Interruption to the Services
We reserve the right to modify or discontinue all or any portion of our Services, including the Provider Sites, at any time with or without notice to you. We will not be liable if we choose to exercise this right. You acknowledge and accept that we do not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to our Services, or that operation of our Services will be uninterrupted or error free. You understand that usage of our Services may be interfered with or adversely affected by numerous factors or circumstances outside of our control.
VII. Third-party, Unhosted Provider Sites, Content and Services
VIII. Your Representations
As a condition of your right to use the Services, you represent that you are of legal age to enter into a binding contract and that you are not a person barred from visiting the Services and accessing the Services under the laws of the United States, Canada, European Union, or other jurisdiction.
IX. Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, TERRYBEAR, MEMORIAL PROVIDERS, THEIR RELATED ENTITIES, THEIR SERVICE PROVIDERS, THEIR LICENSORS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY THE “TERRYBEAR PARTIES”) EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, RELATED TO OUR SERVICES. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF OUR SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. OUR SITES AND ALL CONTENT, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES OFFERED THROUGH THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. THE TERRYBEAR PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE TIMELINESS OF DELIVERY OF CONTENT, ANY FAILURES OF DELIVERY, ERRONEOUS DELETION OR FAILURE TO STORE ANY PROVIDER SITE, PERSONAL SETTINGS OR COMMUNICATIONS, OR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND YOU CLAIM WAS INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF OUR SERVICES. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, WILL ANY OF THE TERRYBEAR PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY PERSON OR ENTITY CLAIMING THROUGH YOU FOR ANY LOSS, INJURY, LIABILITY OR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR ACCESS TO, USE OF, INABILITY TO USE, OR RELIANCE ON ANY OF OUR SITES OR ANY CONTENT, PRODUCT OR SERVICE PROVIDED TO YOU THROUGH OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY OF OUR SERVICES. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, WILL ANY OF THE TERRYBEAR PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY PERSON OR ENTITY CLAIMING THROUGH YOU FOR ANY LOSS, INJURY, LIABILITY OR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE ACTIONS OR INACTIONS OF MEMORIAL PROVIDERS, OR ANY CONTENT, PRODUCT OR SERVICE PROVIDED TO YOU THROUGH OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY OF OUR MEMORIAL PROVIDERS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IN CONNECTION WITH PROVIDER SITES.
THIS IS A COMPREHENSIVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY THAT APPLIES TO ALL LOSSES AND DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT, GENERAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF DATA, GOODWILL, REVENUE OR PROFITS. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY APPLIES WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER BASIS; EVEN IF ANY TERRYBEAR PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES; AND WITHOUT REGARD TO THE SUCCESS OR EFFECTIVENESS OF OTHER REMEDIES. IF ANY PART OF THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS FOUND TO BE INVALID, ILLEGAL OR UNENFORCEABLE FOR ANY REASON, THEN THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE TERRYBEAR PARTIES UNDER SUCH CIRCUMSTANCES TO YOU OR ANY PERSON OR ENTITY CLAIMING THROUGH YOU FOR LIABILITIES THAT OTHERWISE WOULD HAVE BEEN LIMITED WILL NOT EXCEED ONE HUNDRED U.S. DOLLARS. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR CERTAIN TYPES OF DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
XI. User Feedback
All communications, feedback, questions, comments, suggestions, proposed features, and the like (collectively “Feedback”), including Feedback received from Memorial Providers, will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary with regard to you, but we reserve the right to treat any such Feedback as the confidential information of Terrybear. By submitting Feedback to us, you assign to us, free of charge, a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide license to create derivative works, distribute, reproduce, perform, display, and otherwise use, any intellectual property rights or proprietary information and ideas contained within any such Feedback, including without limitation the right to sublicense or assign any of the foregoing. We will be entitled to use any Feedback you submit to us, and any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in any such Feedback, for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to developing and marketing products and services using such Feedback without restriction and without notifying or compensating you in any way. Please do not send us any information or materials for which you do not wish to grant us such rights, including, without limitation, any confidential information or any original creative materials such as product ideas, written materials, photographs, original artwork, or computer code. You are responsible for the information and other content contained in any Feedback you submit to us, including, without limitation, their truthfulness and accuracy.
XII. User Submitted Content and User Conduct
Any content, whether uploaded, posted, submitted, or otherwise made available to us or on our Services, including without limitation Memorial Provider logos, personalization information on products, user content from social media, or any other content which does not originate with Terrybear (“User Content”), is the sole responsibility of the person who made such User Content available. For the absence of doubt, User Content includes content provided by Memorial Providers. Under no circumstances will any Terrybear Party be liable in any way for any User Content made available on or through any of our Services. We may not moderate all User Content on our Services, so we cannot and do not warrant and/or guarantee the truthfulness, integrity, suitability, or quality of any publicly available User Content.
You agree that you will not use any of our Services to transmit or make available any content that:
- violates any laws, contains any threats, is abusive, harassing, vulgar, obscene, indecent, violates any person’s rights of privacy or publicity, is defamatory, libelous, hateful, contains any disparaging statements or opinions regarding racial, gender or ethnic background, or is otherwise tortious or objectionable;
- infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any party, including, but not limited to any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights;
- contains any private information about an identifiable person without that person’s permission (or in the case of the deceased, the permission of a family member or executor), or any content soliciting any personal or private information from any individual;
- you know or have reason to know is false, misleading, or fraudulent;
- you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information or proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- employs any techniques to disguise the origin of the content submitted;
- contains any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, or material which can be characterized as “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” “Ponzi schemes” or similar material, or any information posted primarily for advertising, promotional, or other commercial purposes, including without limitation any request for or solicitation of money, goods, or services for private gain;
- incorporates within it any software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs whose purpose or function is to interrupt, destroy or otherwise impair the operability of any software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- contains links to any websites containing content violating any of the foregoing requirements, or links to any websites for purposes of disrupting the operations of such website, harassing the owners of such website, or other objectionable or illegal purposes.
You further agree not to use our Services to:
- engage in any conduct which might be harmful to any individual;
- engage in any conduct which is exploitative or disrespectful to friends and family members of the deceased;
- impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
- engage in or facilitate any conduct that is deemed, or found by any court or similar agency, to constitute “stalking” or otherwise harassing conduct aimed at another person or entity;
- engage in or transmit any material that encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national, or international law or regulation—including, without limitation, laws and regulations related to the handling of human or animal remains.
XIII. Ownership of User Content
If any User Content is your original work, then you own the copyright in that work. We do not claim any copyrights in original works created and/or posted by individual visitors, Customers, or Memorial Providers to our Services. However, by uploading, posting, transmitting or otherwise making any User Content available on or through our Services or social media, you are granting us, and our related entities, an irrevocable, nonexclusive, royalty-free license to copy, modify, publish, distribute publicly, and prepare derivative works of such User Content in any medium or format without any obligation of notice, attribution or compensation to you.
XIV. Copyright and Trademark Information
All content, copyrights and other intellectual property rights in the content available on our Services, including without limitation Services design, text, graphics, interfaces, and the selection and arrangements thereof, are owned by Terrybear, with all rights reserved, or in some cases may be licensed to Terrybear by third parties. This content is protected by the intellectual property rights of Terrybear or those owners. All content which qualifies for protection under Federal Copyright Law under the laws of the United States is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Federal Court System, whether registered or unregistered. All trademarks displayed on the Services are the trademarks of their respective owners, and constitute neither an endorsement nor a recommendation of such parties. In addition, such use of trademarks or links to the web sites of third parties is not intended to imply, directly or indirectly, that those third parties endorse or have any affiliation with Terrybear.
XV. Content Complaints
XVI. Mobile Devices
Separate versions of our Sites or Services may be available for use on mobile devices. If you access our Sites or Services on mobile devices you understand that your mobile carrier’s standard charges will apply.
XVIII. Governing Laws
XIX. Compliance with Laws
You assume all knowledge of applicable law and you are responsible for compliance with any such laws. You may not use the Services in any way that violates applicable state, federal, or international laws, regulations or other government requirements.
XX. Changes to These Terms
XXI. Other Terms
XXII. Contact Us
Attn: Compliance Department
946 W. Pierce Butler Route
Saint Paul, MN 55104
You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888-588-8767.